Google has tens of web services used by millions of people daily. The new unified menu bar by Google contains few of very popular Google sites. But lots of people, like you, uses some other Google web properties and typing their URL may not be a pleasant experience.
A Google Chrome Browser extension, Black Menu comes with a solution to provide all the services only a click away. You can quickly search and access all your preferred Google services with a single click. This is not just a replacement for both, iGoogle and the Google menu but it contains almost complete menu of Google services. All the important service can be accessed using single black menu entries.
You can open this Black Menu by clicking on its icon on URL bar or if you uses latest Chrome built try to make a keyboard shortcut to access this menu. Once Black Menu opens click the menu entry you want, you’ll go to the corresponding Google service in a new tab. This extension supports these Google services. Here’s the detailed explanation.
1. Search Menu: This is the primary menu, containing a search box with the single search types below them. Type a search query and hit enter for a regular web search, or click one of the search types below to narrow down the results. If you don’t enter a search query, a click on a particular search type will bring you to the respective Google service. A the bottom, you’ll see some search-related shortcuts, also opening up in a new tab.
2. Google+ menu: Similar to the search menu, this menu contains a search box with different search types like search for posts, people, events and more. More shortcuts are at the bottom, corresponding to the ones you’ll find on the official Google+ menu ribbon.
3. Maps menu: Easily search any location in the world, you can easily start a direction from and to where you have searched for, see the current traffic, switch to satellite view, and even more.
4. Gmail menu: Search your Gmail inbox with any search filter you want like ‘unread email’, or ’email in spam’. When you have nothing entered in the search box, the links below the search box are linking to those labels in Gmail. This menu also allows for quick access to compose an email or look through your contacts using the shortcuts at the bottom.
5. Translate menu: this menu allows you to quickly translate everything you want. It automatically recognizes the language you have entered and you can easily change which languages you want to use or switch between them, same as on Google translate itself.
6. YouTube menu: View ‘most viewed’ videos, recently uploaded videos, top rated videos and more on this menu. You can search for any video you want, and even play them from within the extension itself (as long as you keep the menu open). Quick shortcuts to your ‘watch later’ and ‘playlists’ are available at the bottom.
7. Play menu: Search any content you want in the play store. The search system works the same as in the regular search and Google+ menu. At the bottom, you have easy access to your content, apps, music, magazines, and more.
8. News menu: Want to see what’s going on in world? No problem! With this extension you have just one click to do to get the recent ‘top stories’, ‘business news’ and ‘news from science’ and anything else you might be looking for. You can also search for specific news via the search box. At the bottom are quick links to the news archive and Google reader. Filter by starred items, recommended items, or even your own folders. You can also access Google Reader, using the reader menu, just click the two arrows on the news button.
9. Calendar menu: View all your upcoming calendar events, view events from a specific day, or even add new events. The calendar menu also shows your open Google tasks, where you can check completed tasks, or add new ones.
10. Drive menu: Search through your documents in Google drive, the results will show instantly. When pressing enter, you will go to Google drive with the same search query. Access the Google drive locations in one click, or create a new document with the file icons at the bottom.
11. More menu: if you haven’t found what you are looking for, have a look at the more menu. It allows you to access nearly all Google services that were not available through the previous menus.
Pretty interesting extension, isn’t it. So go and grab it in you Chrome Browser and quickly access preferred Google service with a single click.