Have hundreds of friends on Facebook but need to chat only with few. When you set your status as available on Facebook chat then you are visible to all your friend. For any reason, you don’t want to chat with some of your contacts and need to show as offline. Here is a simple trick to do it, just follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Categories your friends in lists, like close friends, family, college or others. Click on this link to open all your Facebook lists. Now click “+ Create List” button at top-right of this page.
- Give a name to this List and press create button.
- A new list with the name you provide will be created. On the list page click ‘Add Friends’ link to add friends to the list.
- Select persons you want to add in this list and press Done button.
- Now the time is to block this list or only limit chat available to this list. To do this click on screw icon on the chat box, then click Limit Availability link.
- Select only lists you want to chat with and save the settings.
- You are done. Now you’ll be visible to only those people you want.
To know other cool Facebook tips stay tuned with TechMadly.