Facebook has announced that they are going to launch a new photo viewer that presents images that are 960 pixels wide better than previously 720 pixels.This photo viewer will replace the current black lightbox with an opaque white which will help provide more emphasis on the picture itself and less on the surrounding frame
The lightbox will take up more room on the Facebook page than it previously did. This will reduce clutter and help place stress back on the photo. In addition to higher pixel support and a changed lightbox, Facebook also added speed improvements to its photo viewer.
The new photo viewer is made in the form of a light box overlay. It will appears if you click a photo from anywhere on Facebook such as from photo album and news feed.
1. Click the F5 button on your keyboard, this will reload the page and close out the viewer.
2. Instead of just clicking on an image to view it, hold down your CTRL button as you click. This will open the image in a new tab in your browser.
3. Pressing the left and right keyboard arrows, you can scroll all photos in an album easily.
4. ESC button can be used to return to Facebook and close photo viewer.
5. Just click outside the photo viewer and you will return to Facebook instantly.