I am writing this post because even having a lot of knowledge over installation of wordpress manually is there on the net but many of us even do not find a full tutorial as my college juniors ask me how to install wordpess locally so that we can make modification and make extra changes without a fear that by changing this will cause down of the website online.
mainly if you are not a adroit web developer you are not able to make changes online without any fear and if something goes wrong which can cause loss of trafic to you. so making changes on home computer and after the changes have made good result then uploading them online is often a good practice.
you do not need nay knowledge of server or database to do that thing only a software known as WAMP will do all that.
wamp stands for
the images in this tutorial are small click them to enlarge.
1. Go to http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php
2. Download wamp server 2.0
3. Double click on the .exe file to run it and it will install an wamp folder where you put the file (C: drive or USB)
4. Go to http://wordpress.org/download/
5. download the latest version of wordpress rightnow it is 2.8.1
6. unzip the download folder
7. run the programm wamp from program menu
8.you will see a small icon in your tray with a lock
9.click on that and then click on put online like:
10.now open any browser and just type http://localhost/
11. you will be welcome with a page of wamp home page like this now click on phpmy admin
12. now you are in ph my admin about to setup a database
13.click on databases and then give any name to your database “like i created wordpress” and then click create .
14.now you have craeted a database now click on the database name that you created on the left side like
15. click to add new user after user
after adding the new user fill the field
usernam: whatyou like
17. then click on the check all to global prvilege
18. click on go
now you rae totally done with this database part
19. now go to the folder where you have downloaded and unzipped the wordpress copy the folder wordpress and then aste it into the c:>wamp>www>
20.after puting this in this folder you go to browser and again type http://localhost/
21. now select your folder wordpress from my projects displayed
22.it wil ask you to create a configuration file click on that
23. no click on go
24. fill out tha same information as you filled while creating new user then click go
25. click on run and install
25.enter your blog title and other information and you are done
here is the video help for this
if you need more information or any help feel free to comment or use contact us form