If you want to share your Wi-Fi network with other Android users without having to give out your WPA passcode,you can do this thing with the help of Quick Response code or QR code.QR(Quick Response) code is a type of matrix bar code (or two-dimensional code) designed to be read by Smartphones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded may be text, a URL, or other data.
To create your QR code:–
1. Click on QR Code Generator site.
2. Select “Wifi network”in the Drop-down
3. Enter your SSID (network name)
4. password and network encryption type (WPA/WPA2)
Once you click the Generate button, you’ll get a QR code image which you can save and print or embed it on a webpage.To Connect to your WiFi Network, your Friends will need to install Barcode Scanner Application on their Android Phone, so that they can Scan the QR Code, that you generated or Created.
If someone uses another QR code scanner he won’t be able to connect to your network. He will just see your SSID and password in plain text.
- How To Build A WiFi PC Radio With Subsonic [Cross-Platform] (makeuseof.com)