Jailbreaking/unlocking is the process of removing the limitations imposed by smartphone manufacturers on devices running a mobile phone operating system (like Android, iOS, Symbian or Windows phone 7 OS) through use of custom kernels. Jailbreaking allows users to gain root access to the operating system, allowing users to download additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable for users.
If you own a Samsung Windows Phone 7 device then you can unlock your phone. A developer, Jaxbot over at Windows Phone Hacker, released an interop unlock for WP7 devices. He name this file as WindowsBreak. To get root level access on your phone, you can either pay $99 and register with Microsoft via the developers hub, or there is the option to go for the newly-released Chevron, which costs $9. WP7 users who don’t have a Samsung will still have to resort to those methods, but the lucky Samsung users can get interop unlock for free, which grants a higher level of registry access than Chevron’s $9 developer unlock.
You don’t even need to be near a PC before you can use WindowsBreak. Here is the step-by-step guide to gain interop unlock on Samsung devices.
Steps to Jailbreak/Unlock Windows Phone 7:
NOTE: Unlocking Windows Phone 7 may void the warranty, disable phone functionality, interrupt access to Windows Phone 7 services or render the phone permanently unusable. Proceed at your own risk only.
- Go to your phone’s Internet Explorer, and click this link . This will take you to the WindowsBreak page, where you can find all related information.
- You will see two options beneath the description, Read more and WindowsBreak Me. Tap the WindowsBreak Me button.
- Following the second step will open up a technical-looking page, with some directories listed there. From there, tap on “windowsbreak”, which is the 7th option.
- Downloading the XML file will open up a new internet explorer tab. Without doing anything, exit the browser by pressing your device’s Start button.
- Go to the phone’s dialler, and dial ##634#. This will open up the Diagnostics menu.
- In the Diagnostic keypad enter *#9908#.
- This will open a drop-down list on your screen. Scroll to the end of it, and select the windowsbreak option and save the settings.
- Restart your phone after few minute.
If it doesn’t work right, make sure you note the following:
1) If installed, uninstall the Diagnostics application and try the process again.
2) You do not need to reset your phone prior to windowbreaking. or Follow this video tutorial:
Developer continuously work for preparing application to unlock HTC and Nokia Windows phones. We will inform you when the update will available. Stay tuned with techmadly.com.