WordPress is the best and award winning weblog publishing platform. With the rise of WordPress powered blogs and WordPress core features, it is difficult to survive for other blog publishing platforms. Splinder, an Italian blogging platform is closing down at the end of this month. To help those bloggers who uses Splinder for their blog publishing platform WordPress released an automatic process to migrate from Splinder to WordPress. WordPress added Splinder importer for their wordpress.com service.
If you use Splinder and want to migrate towards WordPress, then follow the steps below:
1. Export Splinder Blog:
This should be the first step to migrate from Splinder to WordPress. You need to export your Splinder data to your computer.
- Log in to your Splinder bog.
- Click on Blog link at the top.
- Now click on Configure link at top of the page.
- Click ‘“Esporta blog e attiva redirect’ available at right-hand sidebar.
- Download this exported data to your PC by clicking on ‘”Clicca qui per scaricare il file con i contenuti del tuo blog” link.
2. Import downloaded file to WordPress blog:
Follow these steps to setup and upload blog data to WordPress.com
- You can import this file to your existing WordPress.com blog or create a new WordPress.com account.
- Login to your Word Press blog account.
- Now go to Tools >> Import in left side of WordPress admin page.
- Click Splinder link from the list given and choose Get Started.
- Upload exported file from your computer to WordPress.com servers.
- Do some basic settings like Author assigning and check Download and Import file attachments.
- Now click Submit button to start import process.
- Wait for the process to complete, generally it takes only few minutes. An email will be send to your mail id when import process completed.
- Now setup Redirects from Splinder blog to your new WordPress account. To do this click “Attiva redirect” button on Splinder blog.
If you face any problem in setting up WordPress blog or migrating from Splinder to WordPress.com, feel free to ask us using comment section.