We receive and send many emails in a day to our friends, family and business clients. Have you ever counted your sent and received mails, your habit of sending them or replying to emails? If not, here is a tool called Gmail Meter which provides you volume statistics, traffic details, pattern, word count and lot more.
How to Setup Gmail Meter:
It is easy to set up Gmail Meter. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to Google Docs and open a Spreadsheet.
- Click on Tools > Script Gallery. Now search for “Gmail Meter” and click Install. A new menu item will appear with name Gmail Meter on your spreadsheet.
- Now Click on Gmail Meter > Get a Report. You can then choose the type of report. Preparing a report may take some time and you will get an email once the report is ready.
Gmail Meter is an Apps Script which runs on the first day of every month and sends you an email containing different statistics about your Inbox. Gmail Meter gives you different types of statistics that will help you analyze your Gmail habits. Here are a comprehensive list of features that Gmail Meter provide to us.
- Volume Statistics: This stat group show you the number of people who sent you emails, number of important and starred messages.
- Traffic Pattern: Gives you stats of your past weeks activity.
- Daily Traffic: This is a time base feature. It track and gives you an estimate of when you receive messages and when you send them during a given month. For example, in the graph below you can see how the peaks in my “Sent” curve indicates that I write emails in spurts.
- Word Count: This simple features counts the number of words in a given email. It tells you the average of all your sent mails.
- Email Categories: With this feature you can see your mails in category fashion. All the emails are categorised according to labels you created for them.
- Time Before First Response: This shows you how long it takes you to reply, and how long it takes others to reply to you. By looking at this chart, you can infer that where you are lacking in replying important business emails.
- Thread Lengths: This analyse your conversation habits. This shows that you participate in long conversations resulting in long threads.
- Top Senders and Top Recipients: Tells you about who you communicate more frequently and who sends you mails most of the time.
These stats gives some very useful information so you can manage your family relationship, your mailing habits and business relations. Give a try to this feature and share your idea’s with us.
Simple video tutorial to setup Gmail Meter: