Developed by silent development the windows only software that helps you to take control of power consumption of your notebook is Open-source system tray utility . Aerofoil is very efficient in terms of switch if of the unnecessary processes which create a load on processor and eating up a lot of power. So if you are using a Windows Notebook it can manage your custom Windows power plans, mute sound, and manage the Windows sidebar.
here are some key points by which it increases your vista and windows 7 battery life :
- Allowing you to manually disable Aero Glass.
- Optionally managing Aero Glass user interface.
- Optionally managing sound muting .
- Optionally managing YOUR chosen power plans .
- Optionally managing Windows Sidebar.
- Optionally showing a quick hibernate button
- Changing icon color to show your power type.
the configuration is controlled by the installer it self and just configure and letit work . if you want to change i tin future the just run the installer and configure it again.
basically it is totally C++ based so no .net framework required and it uses a vey small amonut of memory and best it is open source ( i love open source software)
you can download it form the Aerofoil blog.
for Developers get the source code here
if you are using this ir going to try come back and just give a feed back how it works for you your comments are welcome