SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a website from search engines via organic search result. For improving SEO and getting your site indexed in the Google you must use some plugins to enhance
the performance of your blog,there are numerous amounts of plugins available on the web, but we have to use minimum amount of plugins because using more plugins can degrade our blog performance, here is the list:
SEO WordPress Plugin
WordPress is a great blogging platform because you can use plugin to enhance your blog performance. Here are the list of wordpress plugin you should use to improve SEO of your blog:
1) All in one SEO:Most popular plugin for SEO.Optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
2) SEO Title Tag:SEO Title Tag makes is dead-easy to optimize the title tags across your WordPress-powered blog or website. Not just your posts, not just your home page, but any and every title tag on your site!
3) Automatic SEO Links : Forget to put manually your links, just choose a word and a URL and this plugin will replace all matches in the posts of your blog.
4) Google XML Sitemaps :This plugin will create a Google sitemaps compliant XML-Sitemap of your WordPress blog. It supports all of the WordPress generated pages as well as custom ones. Everytime you edit or create a post, your sitemap is updated and all major search engines that support the sitemap protocol, like ASK.com, Google, MSN Search and YAHOO, are notified about the update.
5) Robots Meta:You can add robot metadata to any page you choose on your blog. You can prevent indexing of your search result pages,allowing the search engines to follow the links on them, by adding noindex,follow robots meta tags.Disallow indexing of subpages to your homepage, category pages, author pages and tag pages, to prevent duplicate content.Prevent indexing of your login, register and admin pages by adding noindex robots meta tags and much more.
6) Redirection: You can manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have. This is particularly useful if you are migrating pages from an old website, or are changing the directory of your WordPress installation.
7) SEO Friendly Images: SEO Friendly Images is a WordPress optimization plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. Additionally this makes the post W3C/xHTML valid as well.
8)Simple tags:It choose the best tags for your posts by offering suggestions, auto-completion of tags as you type, an AJAX admin interface, mass tag editing,Meta keywords generate from tags in your header’s blog,Technorati, Flickr and Delicious tags,Dynamic Tag Clouds with colors with Widgets,Related content since common tags and lot more.
9)SEO blogroll :This plugin / widget substitutes the default “Links” widget.links passes part of the PageRank the page has gained to their destinations. Do not let the blogroll section wasting it by donating your pagerank to external sites. By SEO blogroll plugin all of blogroll link will receive the “nofollow” attribute.
10) Platinum SEO Pack:You can use it in place of all in one SEO.This is a better substitute of all in one SEO since it has more number of options in the setting page of the plugin like automatic 301 redirects for permalink changes, auto-generation of META tags, post slug optimization, help in avoiding duplicate content.